We solicit technical papers that report original, novel, unpublished work relevant to all the scientific, technological, and application aspects of haptics. See the Oral Sessions page for a listing of all accepted technical papers and their associated presentation times.
- Technical papers should be prepared according to the formatting instructions available here.
- For authors' convenience, the templates for technical papers can be downloaded in Word or Latex format. Note that only the US Letter template will be accepted, not the A4 template.
- Authors should aim for a technical paper length of 6 pages or less.
- 1 or 2 extra pages (beyond 6 pages) may added through a charge of $200 per page, paid during conference registration.
Author Names and Affiliations
- Submitted papers will be reviewed in single-blind manner.
- Author names and affiliations should be specified in all technical papers.
Submission Due Date
November 2November 9, 2015: 11:59 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
- All technical papers should be submitted using PrecisionConference with optional videos.
- Submission links will be open one month before the submission due date.
Presentation and Publication
- All accepted technical papers will be presented orally in a podium presentation, either in a dual-track regular session or in a single-track featured session.
- All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings and also published in IEEE Xplore.
- Paper copyright will be transferred to the IEEE as part of the publication process.
- Paper decisions were announced on January 14, 2016, and are also available in PrecisionConference.
- Submission of videos is optional but strongly encouraged to help readers understand the paper.
- Uploaded videos will be reviewed along with the paper.
- Videos will be submitted for publication to IEEE Xplore and may be used to promote the conference.
- Guidelines: format (mpeg 4, .mp4), length (up to 30 seconds), resolution (at least 480p progressive scan), and file size (up to 80 MB). Final (but not initial) video submissions will need to include some simple additional files for IEEE Xplore compliance.
IEEE Transactions on Haptics (ToH) Referral Program
- The top 10% of submissions selected by the Program Committee based on reviews will be referred to the IEEE Transactions on Haptics (ToH) for expedited review of an evolved, journal-length version.
- HAPTICS reviews will be regarded as first-round reviews in order to accelerate the review process of ToH.
- Authors who want their papers to be considered for this program will need to indicate it and provide a brief description of the planned evolution of the paper during the submission process.
- The due date for submitting the extended manuscript to ToH will be December 31, 2016.
Any questions about technical papers can be addressed to the conference co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All accepted technical papers will appear in this year's Haptics Symposium proceedings, which will be distributed at the conference and submitted to IEEE Xplore. In addition, a conference program that shows short abstracts and images will also be distributed.
The authors of accepted Technical Papers are asked to prepare:
Required: A final version of your contribution (pdf) for the online proceedings, incorporating edits suggested by the reviewers and Associate Editor.
Required: A 100-word abstract for the conference program. This abstract should be based on the abstract in your paper but must be 100 words or less to fit in the program.
Required: A square image that represents the key idea of your paper for the conference program. The image must be a minimum of 900 pixels by 900 pixels (300 dpi resolution when printed at 3 inches by 3 inches), jpg or png format, and less than 2 MB. Do not submit a rectangular image, as it will appear small in the program. The width and height of your image must be exactly equal.
Optional: An accompanying video, a README file, and a SUMMARY file. The latter two are required by IEEE for any videos that are published in IEEE Xplore, as explained here. Video files must follow all requirements listed above.
Required: IEEE electronic copyright form. Complete this web-based form here.
NOTE: To prevent any delay in processing, please pay careful attention to the detailed instructions that are available here.
Due date for all items: February 4, 2016
Contact Meghan Haley at email@example.com with questions about final submission of technical papers.